From dirt, to food and dust, it’s difficult to keep a large amount of carpet clean.
Since you won’t be able to throw your entire carpet into the washing machine, it’s a good idea to have some do-it-yourself techniques in your back pocket. When it comes to removing oil stains from carpet, Knight Carpet Cleaning offers these do-it-yourself methods that can keep your carpet looking it best.
Remember to always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible.
– When trying to remove cooking oil stains, using a paper towel, blot the oil stain. Blot until no more oil appears on the paper towel.
– Using a clean washcloth, apply small amounts of rubbing alcohol directly onto the oil stain. Make sure you’re blotting, not wiping, as this can spread the stain out onto other areas of the carpet.
– Mix a litre of water with one teaspoon of dish-washing liquid. Make sure the dish-washing liquid is a brand that doesn’t contain lanolin or bleach.
– Apply this water and dish-washing liquid mixture with a sponge directly onto the stain. Blot the affected area of the carpet until the oil stain is no longer visible.
– Blot dry with a clean white towel or paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
And remember, Knight Carpet Cleaning offers free no obligation quotes to all customers so contact us today to arrange a quote for carpet cleaning, upholstery and leather cleaning, curtains and mattress cleaning, hard floor cleaning.
Call 1300 052 397