Whether you have a pet at home or happen to get sick yourself, sometimes there’s nothing you can to do to prevent vomit stains. The carpet is certainly not the most ideal place for this to happen, but then again, every type of stain is a bit of a nuisance, right?
– As soon as you discover the vomit stain, scrape off as much of it as possible. Try using a blunt object such as a scraper or butter knife, so you don’t damage the carpet fibres.
– Sprinkle a bit of corn starch directly onto the affected area of the carpet and gently rub it in. Be sure to use enough so the stain is completely covered.
– Let the corn starch sit there for 10 to 15 minutes. This should help absorb the vomit from the carpet.
– Vacuum the entire area thoroughly.
– Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar with one tablespoon of dish-washing detergent and 2 cups of warm water, sponge the stain.
– Rinse the carpet with cold water to remove the solution.
– Blot the area with a clean white towel or absorbent paper towel and remove as much moisture as possible.
If you find that the vomit stain is just too hard to handle, contact Knight Carpet Cleaning, and don’t forget this is the last week left to save 75% OFF a mattress clean when you book in any carpet or upholstery clean…Call 1300 052 397 or email email@example.com today!