Candle wax accidentally dripped on carpet may look like a hopeless mess, but with a cool head, a hot iron, and a few tricks of the trade, you can make a big wax mess disappear.
As soon as you notice the wax stain, it’s important to take action. The longer any stain sits on the carpet, the more difficult it is to remove.
Follow the below instructions:
1. Fill a plastic bag with ice.
2. Lay the plastic bag directly onto the area of your carpet with the wax stain.
3. Let the wax freeze for a few minutes.
4. Remove the plastic bag and begin to scrape the wax off the carpet using a dull knife.
5. Next, lay a clean damp cloth directly over the affected area of your carpet.
6. Using a warm iron, slowly press the iron on top of the cloth. You’ll see that the material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet.
7. You can repeat step # 6 with a fresh damp cloth until the wax residue disappears.
8. If you used a coloured candle that leaves a colour stain, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth. Gently begin to dab at the stain – DO NOT RUB, as you don’t want to be too rough with the carpet.
9. Blot the carpet until it’s dry with a clean white towel.
And there you have it – an answer to the question of how to remove wax from carpet!
Contact Knight Carpet Cleaning to arrange a free quote for carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hard floor cleaning or flood restoration. Call 1300 052 397 for a free quote today!