We Offer Emergency Flooded Carpet and
Flood Restoration Across the Northern Beaches
When your home or business is invaded by unwanted water, whether it’s from a sink overflow, heavy rain, burst pipes or sewerage spill, the damage can be overwhelming. We understand that flooding on any scale is stressful so our aim is to reduce your stress with our fast and professional response.
We have technicians on call to assist with emergency flood repair and carpet drying for residential and commercial properties across the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
What to Do If You Have Had a Flood
It is essential that any flood is treated promptly by an experienced technician. If left untreated flood water will spread throughout the materials it meets and the damp, humid conditions will promote bacterial growth, mould growth, staining and potentially structural damage.
Prompt attendance to any flooding situation by a qualified flood restoration technician is important as they will extract as much water as possible preventing it from spreading and reducing the amount of secondary damage. They will also be able to treat the flooded carpet and other affected areas to prevent staining and inhibit microbial growth.
As a rule, the sooner a qualified flood restoration technician can respond to a flood, the more water they can extract, the less secondary damage, the faster the drying time and the greater the likelihood of a positive outcome.
If left untreated, flooding can cause serious damage to your property and your health
Flooding and water damage may occur from many different sources and can vary drastically in scale and severity. However, all water damage, no matter how small, has the potential to risk your health and damage your property.
Water damage can be deceptive as water spreads rapidly through materials resulting in pockets of moisture in areas not visible. If not treated properly and in a timely manner, this can cause long term damage and problems such as mould, bacteria, staining and structural deterioration.
If the water has come from outside it will carry contaminants such as dirt, oils and bacteria. Even if the flooding was initially from a clean water source, it will quickly deteriorate as prolonged moisture encourages bacteria and mould growth.
Without professional attention, any form of flooding will potentially cause damage to your property and pose health risks to you and your family.
Here are some things you can do immediately:
Do not underestimate the importance of safety – you have already had one disaster so don’t take unnecessary risks. It is important to take care around electrical power and be aware that flooding can cause hazards such as slippery surfaces and in extreme cases even structural instability such as a ceiling collapse.
However, if it is safe to do so there are a few things you can do to help minimise damage until your technician arrives:
• Identify the source of the flood, and if possible eliminate it or contact your local plumber for assistance
• If the water has come from a clean source you may remove furniture items from the area, start to remove excess water with a mop or towels, and open windows to encourage ventilation
For your safety:
• Be careful of slippery surfaces and keep children away from affected areas
• Do not use any electrical items or electrical sockets that may have been affected by the flooding
• Do not attempt to lift or remove the carpet yourself as this will expose sharp smooth-edge and may also affect an insurance claim
• If the flood has come from a dirty source or a sewerage overflow it is not safe to stay in the affected area. Close off the area where possible to avoid cross-contamination and wait for your technician to arrive. (Please note that sewerage poses serious health risks and all saturated materials must be contained and disposed of properly)
• Do not use any cleaning products on the area such as detergents or bleach as this may cause permanent discolouration to your carpet