When you’re in a hurry, it’s easy to spill some of your powder, foundation or eye shadow onto your beautiful plush carpeting. But there’s no use crying over spilt blush, right?
Instead of banishing all your makeup products, how should you go about removing makeup from carpet? Knight Carpet Cleaning has some tips to remove those unwanted spots.
– Upon discovering the makeup stain, it’s best to act as soon as possible. If you see any excess makeup on the surface of the carpet, carefully scoop it up with a cloth or plastic spoon.
– For each specific makeup stain, there is a specific solution you can mix when tackling how to remove makeup stains:
Nail polish: no-color, no fragrance non-acetone nail polish remover
Foundation (liquid): 3% hydrogen peroxide solution
Eye-liner and mascara: 1 cup of warm water with ¼ teaspoon of dish washing liquid
Lipstick: paint remove or rubbing alcohol
– After you’ve mixed the appropriate solution based on the specific makeup type of stain you’re tackling, add a small amount of the solution to a clean white cloth. You’ll want to make sure the cloth is damp, but not completely soaked.
– Blot the makeup stain (avoid rubbing) using the saturated cloth. It’s important to firmly blot to lift as much of the makeup residue out of the carpet as possible.
– After the stain has been removed, spray the affected area with water to rinse out any solution. Once the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the area.
Knight Carpet Cleaning offers free no obligation quotes to all customers so contact us today to arrange a quote for carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hard floor cleaning or flood restoration.
Call 1300 052 397 for a FREE quote